Friday, February 1, 2013

Breakfast at Your Desk: Do You Pour Off the Liquid From Your Yogurt? Why You Shouldn't

My dears, are you ever tempted to pour off the liquid at the top of your yogurt when you open the lid? I admit: I am sometimes guilty. But, I recently read a little tip about why we shouldn't. There is some good nutrition in there, so stir it in! Details ...


In the August issue of Cooking Light, I came across a really interesting little tidbit. The editors report that the watery substance at the top of yogurt, called whey, often contains some good protein, so when you drain off the top, you're draining off protein, which is one of the things that makes yogurt so healthy and satisfying. Instead of draining, just mix it in.


Are you a yogurt drainer?

No comments:

Post a Comment