Monday, April 1, 2013

Breakfast At Your Desk: Have Some Pomegranate Juice This Week!

Do you have some sort of juice every morning at breakfast? There's nothing wrong with our old pal OJ, but pomegranates are in season (and they're so antioxidant-rich!), so why don't we all have a little pom juice? Here's some ideas...


I loved reading Jacqueline's cute post over at Pham Fatale about her mother-in-law's pomegranate-loving ways:


"My mother-in-law is a pomegranate juicing expert," she wrote. "I watch her every day lovingly peeling, seeding and juicing pomegranates for an hour for her husband. She goes through so many pomegranates that the two trees on the property don't produce enough fruit for her. You may wonder why she doesn't just buy commercially prepared pomegranate juice, but once you try it at home you'll know the difference. The commercial varieties (even those with 100% juice) are prepared from concentrate, which definitely affects the flavor. My mother-in-law is actually so fanatical about the flavor of the pomegranates that she takes a knife to the grocery store, buys one, and makes sure it is sweet before buying a lot more."


Wow--that's some serious pom love. I love this fruit, too, but I admit, I'm a tad lazy about juicing them. First, they're messy. Second, it's time consuming. So I tend to opt for the little bottles of POM Wonderful, myself.


Here's a tasty way to enjoy some pom juice at breakfast (especially if you find the flavor of pomegranate juice too overpowering by itself): Mix equal parts OJ and pom juice together! I do this all the time, and it makes a pricey bottle of pomegranate juice last a little longer.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment